Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Taste of things to Come.


Over the past little while I have been playing around with some different patterns and fabrics. So far, none have made it to the Lily & Me website because I haven't been sure that I can access a reliable fabric supplier. This week I have found a few that interest me!

I am also working out what sizes to offer my patterns in. I am constantly having the conversation about pre-teen to teen girls clothing being both inappropriate and unattractive. So my thoughts so far are to keep my patterns simple and offer them in a wider range of sizes to suit a bigger age range. I will possibly making small adjustments for the older girls in length and fabric choice.

Pictured is a dress/ top I have been mulling over for a while on our 3 nearly 4yr old. It is made with a purple Corduroy with contrasting fabric. (she is also holding her favorite dolly which you can read about here). I would love to hear from you of what you think... Style, Fabric, Colour etc.

From her one day of wearing this dress I have a few ideas already. Things that I love about it are: it can be worn in all kinds of weather by adding or taking away a shirt or leggings, I could also make it in a lighter fabric for summer. This is a definite plus for getting maximum wear out of a garment. I also like that it buttons on the shoulders, because I like buttons but also it holds well and is easy to get on and off. The thing I didn't like, because she is only 3 has no sense of modesty and was flashing her undies whilst climbing and playing all morning. I will definitely add some tights next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment