Monday, April 12, 2010

Boys and Girls


Today we were blessed to have "V" our 6 nearly 7yr old friend come to play. I have posted before about the differences between my boys and girl and wow did that show itself today. We were planting some bean and basil seeds and "V" all of a sudden let out this gigantic scream and ran around the yard as if the sky was falling. I went to check out this outburst and she flicked this caterpillar across the yard. Well my 6 yr old boy ran in excitement and rescued the little caterpillar and proceeded to make a Lego house for it and carried it around for the next few hours. "V" finally came around to the excitement of finding this creature and helped with the caring of it.

I have only seen this reaction from girls...am I wrong?maybe...I am seeing some truth in these 'stereotypes'.

Thanks for coming to play today "V" and sharing and caring for our little slice of nature.

1 comment:

  1. Yes boys and girls are very different, but so are girls and girls (and I assume boys and boys).
    B would have done what Z did.... and then looked for more caterpillars.
    Ally <'v'>
    P.S. V had a lovely time Thank you for letting her invite herself for a play!

    ReplyDelete