Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Future Proofing for Mums

..
Jenny from "No reading at the breakfast table" has written this post "future proofing for mums that struck a chord with me today.

I usually sit down every Sunday night and plan my week out. This includes meals to cook, where and when the kids need to be, how much help I need to ask for....you get the picture. Well being the first week of term and being a bit of an unusual week with non-usual outings and things to do, I should have planned extra hard ... Well I haven't we have had some tense times here in our home this week.

I think my two major bloopers this week include not taking any food to the older two's swimming lesson for our 1 yr old or for the peak hour traffic drive home and not thinking about 6 yr olds news day, yesterday which led to a major major melt down. For the first time ever I sent him to class in tears and terribly worried (yes I was feeling like the worst mother). Luckily everything worked out his teacher is really sweet and attentive and he went off to school today with news in hand.

I also forgot to cook dinner when I knew we weren't going to be home until 6pm one night (we can't buy takeaway from anywhere because of all the allergies), had our 1 yr old have 2 nasty falls one which led to mild concussion, several trips to the super market because I didn't write a shopping note the first time and tried to shop on a Sunday which no one should do (they are all crazy on Sundays) and I think I have left some out but am still recovering...

We are staying home today to recoup, write some lists and plan plan plan

Pop over to Jenny's blog and add any suggestions that you have for staying sane with little ones by your side.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the concussion has passed.
    Poor thing!
    Yes first week back is always a bit wobbly.
    Ally <'v'>

    ReplyDelete